TREES, SHRUBS AND FLOWERS
- Define lawn edges with a half moon edging iron or spade.
- Give container plants a regular feed of high potassium liquid feed, you can make your own by putting comfrey leaves in a bucket of water somewhere out of the way and leaving for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Trim evergreen hedges but check that birds have fledged first
- Support sweet peas by regularly tying them in to their support weekly.
- Deadhead annuals, perennials and repeat flowering roses.
- Remove fading bulb foliage once it has gone brown.
FRUIT, VEGETABLES AND HERBS
- Feed tomatoes every 10 to 14 days.
- Lift early potatoes.
- Plant tender veg such as courgettes, beans and cucumbers.
- Regulate the temperature of your greenhouse by opening the doors and vents.
- Put saucers under your container plants to catch run off when you water them.
- Fill birdbaths regularly.
- Let weeds flower in your lawn to attract pollinators
- Support bees by letting your herbs flower.