SERVICES & FEESOur approach to garden design is pretty straightforward really. We’ll sit down with you, learn about you and exactly what you want from your garden then create and agree a plan that will meet you and your family’s needs. Whatever they may be – shielding a vegetable patch or children’s trampoline, restyling after a new extension or complete new build from scruffy lawned area to stylish contemporary space – we’re interested in both small and large projects. Once agreed and after contractor selection and some hard work from the team you’ll soon be living in and loving your new garden.
So here’s what we do in a bit more detail:
- Initial meeting to brainstorm your ideas and discuss what you really need.
- We don’t like you wasting your money so we’ll always tell you if something just won’t work (lavender in a shady border for example).
- We give you a written report outlining the design brief to show that we’ve really listened to you.
Then we’ll carry out a garden survey
- We’ll produce a garden layout plan with full build details for any contractors that might be necessary.
- We’ll produce sketches and 3D drawings so you can really visualize the finished garden – and we promise this bit will start to get you really excited.
- We’ll produce a planting plan and schedule (taking into account your garden, your tastes, your budget and of course how the garden space will be used and by whom).
- We’ll suggest contractors (or we’re just as happy to work with your own if that suits you better).
- We’ll brief the contractors and get competitive quotes for the job to make sure you get the best value for money.
- Overseeing the build keeps things on track and ensures a quality job is done.
- We’ll set out the plants ready for planting – either by you, your gardener or by one of our knowledgeable contractors.
Maintaining plants takes work so our service also includes a schedule of what needs doing when and we can come back to check all is well just as often as you want, or we can offer an ongoing maintenance service.
Of course fees will vary from the size of the garden to the size of project but don’t be put off because you only have a small garden – we can work wonders with a courtyard. Similarly if only a portion of your larger garden is a real bug bear we can sort that out for you too. (A complete redesign of a small courtyard garden starts from around £500 to £1000)