Our approach to garden design is pretty straightforward really. We’ll sit down with you, learn about you and exactly what you want from your garden then create and agree a plan that will meet you and your family’s needs. Whatever they may be – shielding a vegetable patch or children’s trampoline, restyling after a new extension or complete new build from scruffy lawned area to stylish contemporary space – we’re interested in both small and large projects. Once agreed and after contractor selection and some hard work from the team you’ll soon be living in and loving your new garden.
So here’s what we do in a bit more detail:
- Initial meeting to brainstorm your ideas, explain how we work and to show you examples of other gardens that we have created.
- We will give you a written report outlining our conversation to show that we’ve really listened to you and understood what you are looking for.
- When you are happy that you want to go ahead we’ll carry out a garden survey.
- We’ll produce a garden layout plan with full build details for any contractors that might be necessary.
- We’ll produce a planting plan and plant schedule(shopping list), taking into account your garden location, your tastes and your budget.
- We’ll introduce you to our team of approved landscapers, BALI(British Association of the Landscape Industry) or APL( Association of Professional Landscapers) and brief them on the project.
- We’ll oversee the build to keep things on track and ensure a quality job is done.
- We’ll set out the plants ready for planting – either by you, your gardener or by one of our knowledgeable contractors.
- A key area that is often overlooked in the excitement of planning a new garden is who is going to maintain the garden? We would be happy to recommend a gardener in your area or if you would like to look after the new garden yourself we can include a maintenance service which includes a schedule of what needs doing and when in the form of monthly emails tailored to your specific garden,
Of course fees will vary from the size of the garden to the amount of construction work needed and the materials used. For example a beautiful brick and flint wall will cost more than putting up some fencing and other features such as pergolas, garden buildings, patios and water features will require more installation work so will increase the cost. It can be hard to know what is sensible if you have not carried out a garden project before and as a well designed garden will add to the value of your home a guideline of 4 to 10 percent the value of your home is often used as a starting point. This is just a rough guide and with our years of experience we are happy to advise you on a sensible amount to spend on your new garden. The projects that we typically work on range in budget from £10,000 to over £50,000 with the average being around £30,000.00 to £40,000.00 for the whole project start to finish. We’re happy to advise on projects below £10,000.00 so please do feel free to get in touch to discuss your requirements.